Posted by Canada Hot Tub Parts on Mar 15, 2023
The Easiest Guide To Pool Opening | Canada Hot Tub Parts
THE EASIEST GUIDE TO POOL OPENING
It's almost that time of year again, the wonderful season when you get to open your pool for the summer! This process is best done around late April, ensuring the smoothest transition into pool season without any worry of excessive algae buildup. With this in mind, it's the perfect time to discuss above-ground pool pumps, pool opening, and pool cleaning.
Opening your pool can seem like a daunting task, with many steps and requirements. We will simplify this for you by providing a straightforward pool opening checklist. A great way to begin this process is by looking into Pool Opening Kits, which will provide you with the necessary chemicals to open a swimming pool for the season.
POOL OPENING CHECKLIST
- Clean off your winter pool cover, making sure not to damage it, then go ahead and store it for the summer. Take off any heater covers or diving board covers you may have as well.
- Remove all winterizing pool plugs and if you've been using an ice compensator, remove that as well. This is a great time to add your skimmer baskets and remove the skimmer plates.
- Inspect your pool lining as well as all of your equipment and the surrounding areas. This includes ladders, safety rails, heaters, pumps, and filters.
- Inventory pool chemicals. Take a look at what pool chemicals you have and be sure to make a list of what you might need to get. It is necessary to always have: test strips, daily sanitizer, shock, balancing chemicals, algaecide, and filter cleaners.
- Fill your pool halfway to the fill line with water.
- Start your filter system and make sure your pump and filter work properly with no leaks. Now is a great time to replace your cartridge filter if need be.
- Clean your pool by using a brush, vacuum, and skimming the surface, to remove calcium buildup and debris.
- Fill the rest of the pool.
- Add shock to your pool water, then run your pump for 24 hours.
- Use your test strips and add the chemicals required to properly balance your pool water.
ABOVE GROUND POOL PUMPS
- For pools under 24 FT (15,300 Gallons), use a 1 horsepower pump.
- For pools over 24 FT, use a 1.5 horsepower pump.